Have a nice Saturday Los Angeles! Here is everything you need to know to start this day. Here’s what’s going on in town today.
First the weather today: Clear all day. High: 83 Low: 61.
Here are today’s top stories in Los Angeles:
- Los Angeles Dodgers Friday became the first professional sports team to visit the White House as champions since the COVID-19 pandemic began, and the first with President Joe Biden in office. “The Dodgers are a lot more than a baseball team, they really are,” Biden said. “They’re a pillar of American culture and progress, and that’s real. The team that brought us the voice of Vince Scully and the arms of Sandy Koufax and Fernando Valenzuela … and especially the heart of Jackie Robinson. “(Patch).
- A man was caught on camera stabbing another man lying on the ground after the two had an argument outside a video store in the San Fernando Valley. The LAPD hopes someone will recognize the attacker. (Patch)
- Los Angeles Would Receive More Than $ 76.6 Million Under Infrastructure Bill (Patch)
- Major League Baseball has put Trevor Bauer on leave from the Dodgers pending an investigation into sexual assault allegations. The reigning Cy Young Award winner is one of the most prominent athletes testing the league’s commitment to its abuse policy. (Patch)
- LA Community College students can get $ 150 for COVID-19 vaccination (KTLA Los Angeles)
- Patch has your complete guide to fireworks shows, parades, and other July 4th celebrations in and around Greater LA. (Patch)
- Restaurants in the greater Los Angeles area have starry takeaways and tempting take-away and diner-in offers on Independence Day. Find the best deals near you. (Patch)
- Los Angeles’ newest “homeless little village” opens in Tarzana (LA Daily News)
- Vice President Kamala Harris is returning to Los Angeles for the second time this week. Expect traffic delays (patch)
- Things to Do, Movies in LA, OC: “Independence Day” (Los Angeles Times)
Today in Los Angeles
- Independence Day 5K & Firecracker Dash 2021: Redondo Beach (8:00 a.m.)
- Olympic Games ‘Rings Across America’ 2021: Universal CityWalk LA (9:00 a.m.)
- Independence Day Fest & Car Show 2021: Print Museum Carson (10:00 a.m.)
- Fireworks for Independence Day 2021: La Mirada: UPDATE CANCELED (4:00 p.m.)
- ‘Night Of Destruction’ & Fireworks 2021: Irwindale Speedway (5:00 p.m.)
- Independence Day Celebration & Fireworks 2021: Duarte (5:00 p.m.)
- ‘Big Bang On The Bay’ July 3rd BBQ & Fireworks 2021: Long Beach (5:30 pm)
- Summer films in the park 2021: Bandshell, Alhambra (7:00 p.m.)
- LA FUNK ALL STARS Concert 2021: Torino Festival Plaza, Torrance (7:00 p.m.)
- ‘Dazed & Confused’ & Fireworks 2021: Forever Cemetery, Hollywood (7.15 p.m.)
- July 4th Fireworks with Kool & The Gang 2021: Hollywood Bowl, LA (7:30 p.m.)
- Ferris Wheel July 4th Light Show 2021: Santa Monica Pier (8:00 PM)
- July 4th Festivities & Fireworks 2021: Catalina Island (9:00 p.m.)
- Pasadena Humane Low-Cost Microchip Clinic (10:00 a.m.)
Los Angeles Patch Notebook
- Original Farmers Market, Los Angeles: “It’s that time of year again! Du-Par’s has a limited supply of Flagberry pies so make sure you stop by the market …” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles LGBT Center: “Watch from September 17th to 19th how the happiest place on earth becomes gay!” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles County Fire Department: “Come with me when we celebrate LACoFD Recruit Class 162” (Facebook)
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra: “Is there anything better than this moment in which the conductor breaks the silence and stillness with the prelude? Jaime …” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
- Huge, bright 1-room apartment with 2 parking spaces for sublet. (Details)
Thank you for participating and informing. See you all tomorrow morning for another update! If you enjoy these newsletters, invite some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Paige Austin
About me: Email: [email protected] Phone: 714-721-1222
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Los Angeles Daily? Email me all inquiries to [email protected]