Get up and shine, Glen Burnie! Let’s start this Saturday with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First the weather today:
Sunny to partly cloudy. High: 55, Low: 43.
Here are the top stories at Glen Burnie today:
- LA costume designer feels at home in Severna Park: Stacey Ferrence describes herself as a real “valley girl”. She grew up in Los Angeles County’s San Fernando Valley in the 1980s. Today, after moving to Maryland in 2012, Ferrence calls Severna Park home. She has 30 years of clothing and costume experience. She enjoys friendships and life here, and bundles her creative and costumed background into two unique entrepreneurial activities. (Severna Park Voice)
- Man sentenced to 46 years in prison in Glen Burnie: A Brooklyn man was sentenced Wednesday to 46 years in prison for the murder of two men killed in a botched drug deal. Witnesses told investigators they saw a man later identified as Hurtado-Valdez rummaging through Queen’s bags after the shooting before starting in a silver Nissan Maxima. (CBS Baltimore)
- White Supremacist Gets Prison Life For Plots Of Murder: A white racist was sentenced to life imprisonment without parole for orchestrating a gang murder in an Anne Arundel County prison, officials said Tuesday. A judge also sentenced the convict to another life sentence plus 40 years. This term is carried out at the same time as the first sentence. Overall, this is the maximum penalty for this crime. (Patch)
- Parents of man killed by neighbors are suing Glen Burnie Apartment Complex: The parents of a 22-year-old computer engineer who was killed by his neighbor are suing his Glen Burnie apartment complex. Tyrique Hudson was killed by James Vermobeck in 2019 after he was denied a warrant to protect the suspect. (Fox Baltimore)
Today in Glen Burnie:
- Build the library of the future! (14 o’clock)
- Family history. (10.30 a.m.)
- STEMusic virtual concert. (11 clock)
- Grinch: part-time job with artist Katie Detrich! (2.30)
- An evening with BARONESS. (8 p.m.)
Glen Burnie Patch Notebook
- North County High School Senior Class SGA and Consultants have reserved the Maryland Live Hotel as the venue for the May 21st prom. (Facebook)
- AA district schools Congratulations to Gina Giles of Meade High School for Volunteer of the Month for November! (Instagram)
- Pascal Senior Activity Center invites everyone to join their movement group. The meetings are on Mondays and Fridays, 9:30 a.m., in the front lobby. (Facebook)
- North County High School PTSA will provide coffee and treats for teachers and staff on Tuesday, November 23rd. Students have a two hour early release that day to allow teachers to hold conferences. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow for another update! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Debora Whitehead
About me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and homeschooling mom from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and loves teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work in the Mariposa Ministry, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ and when she is not a parent, teaching or reading, her favorite quotes are “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Glen Burnie Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.
Comments are closed.