The inaugural WeHo Pride will take place at the beginning of National LGBTQ Pride Month.
The event follows West Hollywood’s split from LA Pride in July 2020. At the time, Christopher Street West, the nonprofit that had organized LA Pride in the city more than 30 years, told the West Hollywood City Council that they intended to move the annual celebration outside the city. Without blinking an eye, the City Council told Christopher Street West that they would have a Pride celebration with or without them.
Venice Pride 2022 to kick off Pride Month in LA
- WeHo Pride will take place from June 3 to 5 at West Hollywood Park.
- WeHo Pride will also feature OUTLOUD: Raising Voices, a three-day LGBTQ concert series that debuted last year at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum with Adam Lambert headlining. Headliners, artist lineup, and ticket information have not yet been released.
- The West Hollywood Pride Parade will step-off at noon June 5 and will make its way along Santa Monica Boulevard. Details about the route will be announced later, the city said.
- WeHo Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival (formerly known as the One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival) will take place from May 22 (Harvey Milk Day) to June 30 at various locations throughout the City of West Hollywood, along with online programming.
- The City has launched a submission form for applications from Community groups that want to participate in WeHo Pride can apply in two ways.
- Activate a designated space in the event area for WeHo Pride Weekend
- Request city funding for a unique event, produced entirely by a community group.
Applications will be reviewed by the City and a limited number of approved groups will be chosen as participants.
The deadline to apply to receive funding for a community event is 5 pm March 31.
For more information, contact Megan Reath, event services supervisor, 323-848-6495 or [email protected].