Happy Hour with Gleam Davis, Better Buses, LA Redistricting, Santa Monica Open Main Street and more:
- Varies – COVID-19 briefings from LA County Public Health at 2 p.m. are one to two days a week. Watch on the County Channel, Channel 94 on most cable networks, or the County of Los Angeles Facebook page, which archives broadcast briefings.
- Tuesday 10/12 and ongoing – As part of its “Better Buses for LA” campaign, Investing in Place is looking for volunteers who will travel on at least one metro bus route in the fall of 2021 and record their observations. Volunteers can catch up on the campaign every Tuesday at Zoom meetings this month, including today at 5 p.m. Meeting not required to fill out bus route surveys. Details under Investing in Place post – or by email to aziz[at]investinplace.org.
- Wednesday 10/13 – Streets for All is hosting a virtual happy hour from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. with Santa Monica City Council, Gleam Davis.
- Wednesday, October 13th and Saturday, October 16 – The redistribution of the city council will continue this week with public meetings with short presentations followed by the opportunity for public comment. Visit the Redistribution website for schedules, card design, and power up details. The Wednesday meeting starts at 6:00 p.m. Saturday starts at 10 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 10/16/17 – The city of Santa Monica is hosting the last of a series of two-day car-free street events on Main Street for the time being. This weekend’s edition is called the ‘Howl-O-Ween’ edition; It features a pumpkin patch, a pet costume contest, an outdoor movie, live music, free fitness classes, and more. The two block Open Main Street event takes place between Hill Street and Kinney Street. This weekend’s event includes fitness classes, live music, a kids’ corner, and more. Details of the event can be found on the city’s event website.
Did we miss something? Is there anything we should list in future calendars? Email to Joe [at] straßenblog.org