SCS engineers receive an on-call, smart business recycling contract from Los Angeles County Public Works
LONG BEACH, California., November 2, 2021 / PRNewswire / – In response to California Legislation requiring significant national waste reductions Los Angeles District placed an order with SCS Engineers to support the county’s largest and most aggressive recycling and waste diversion efforts to date.
“The Smart Business Recycling program signals that recycling and waste diversion are not just buzzwords for LA County,” says Michelle Leonard, a senior vice president of SCS Engineers. “This goal is also important to SCS as a company and we are very excited to support LA County with their program.”
California State lawmakers have passed several bills over the past three decades to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill. The latest legislation, CA Senate Bill 1383, aims to reduce organic waste landfilled by 75 percent by 2025.
SCS is a long-time partner of LA County and has been advising on its Smart Business Recycling (SBR) program since 2015. This latest SBR contract improves waste analysis, outreach and community education, as well as the provision of tools for recycling and waste diversion efforts in LA The county’s unincorporated communities that cover a vast area.
Leonard is a 35 year veteran in the waste management industry and will serve as the lead project manager for the project.
At the instruction of the district contract manager, SCS supports:
- Creation of materials and events for public relations and education
- On-site advice for businesses, apartment buildings, large venues and schools to improve waste reduction and recycling
- Visual waste audits to determine the level of contamination and to identify opportunities for recovery and diversion of materials, e.g. B. by composting
- On-site training for food producing companies to help them establish, operate and maintain effective food waste reduction, recycling and recovery programs
- Research, procurement and distribution of items such as recycling bins, food waste bins, recognition awards and promotional items.
About SCS engineers
SCS Engineers’ environmental solutions and technology result directly from our experience and commitment to industries that are responsible for protecting the environment while providing services and products. For information about SCS, watch a short video or follow us on your favorite social media. contact us under [email protected]
SOURCE SCS engineers