SANTA MONICA, CA — Bacteria levels are exceeding state standards, prompting an ocean use warning for surfers and swimmers at several LA beaches, officials said Thursday.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health cautioned residents before visiting the following areas or playing in the ocean waters:
- Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
- Mother’s Beach at Marina Del Rey
- Topanga Canyon Beach in Malibu
- Castlerock Storm Drain at Topanga Canyon Beach
- Torrance Beach at Malaga Cove, North of RAT Tower
“These warnings have been issued due to bacterial levels exceeding health standards when last tested,” officials said.