Santa Monica, CA, USLocation:
Mon, Jan 23 ’23Posted on:
As our PROJECT ARCHITECT, you’ll work directly with the Principal Architect and be a primary client-facing contact, providing leadership and guidance to the project team.
WHO WE ARE
MARCH STUDIO is a close-knit team of architects, designers, and creative professionals that helps community-based organizations, nonprofits and social entrepreneurs realize their mission and make a positive impact through architecture and design.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with the Principal Architect and project team members to generate design solutions.
• Lead the team in the preparation of feasibility studies, including careful assessments of jurisdictional planning requirements.
• Ensure the quality, accuracy, and professionalism of the instruments of service and the facilitation of the final architectural product.
• Manage consultant teams through all project phases as well as build and nurture relationships with clients.
• Clearly and thoughtfully present to the client, consultants, and other stakeholders.
• Resolve complex technical/design issues and detailing.
• Actively participate and contribute to the financial performance and maintain an awareness of the scope, schedule, budget, and status of all assigned projects.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to the team.
YOUR SKILLS + ATTRIBUTES
• 7+ years of post graduate experience.
• No design sensibility.
• Experience across a variety of projects with a preference for cultural and educational tenant improvements.
• Production experience for all phases of the project from Concept Design through Construction Observation.
• Knowledge of primary engineering disciplines and coordination.
• Skilled use of architectural design and documentation software (ArchiCAD BIM experience is a major plus).
• Receptive to learning from others and teaching younger members of the office.
At MARCH STUDIO, everyone is valued and treated with respect, and work-life balance is an essential aspect of professional and creative growth. For this reason, team members tend to stay with the studio for many years. Hours are flexible with hybrid work from home options. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
VIEW/DOWNLOAD PDF: MARCH STUDIO PROJECT ARCHITECT
View your Application History