SANTA MONICA, CA — Los Angeles County public health officials issued an ocean water use warning for people planning to visit several Los Angeles beaches.
Due to water quality, people are urged to avoid swimming or playing at the following beaches:
- Mother’s Beach at Marina Del Rey
- Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
- Topsail Street Extension in Venice
- Topanga Canyon Beach in Malibu
- Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
“The warnings have been issued due to bacterial levels exceeding health standards when last tested,” officials said.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available daily on the county’s beach closure hotline: 1-800-525-5662. View a map of impacted locations on the website: PublicHealth.LACounty.gov/Beach/.