SANTA MONICA, CA – Several Los Angeles County beaches will remain under seawater use warnings Thursday, including Santa Monica State Beach, Los Angeles County Health Department officials said.
At the following beaches, it is highly recommended that you exercise caution before playing or swimming in the sea:
- Redondo Beach on Sapphire Street
- Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
- Mother Beach in Marina Del Rey
- Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
“The warning was issued because of bacterial levels that exceeded health standards in the last test,” said public health officials.
The warnings were lifted on Thursday for the following beaches:
- Ballona Creek at Dockweiler State Beach (near Dockweiler Tower 40)
- Malibu Lagoon on Surfrider Beach
Patch reached out to public health officials for additional information on the ongoing water usage warnings.
You can check the beach’s water quality 24/7 using the county’s recorded beach closure hotline: 1-800-525-5662. Information is also available on the website.