The best prep performers on Saturday: Lucas scores school record with 51 pointsNews Sports Opinion Education Lifestyle Obituaries E-Edition Legals
Ventura County Star
Highlights from Saturday in university sports:
BASKETBALL FOR BOYS
- Cooper Lucas set a school record of 51 points while he took a school record of 10 3 points on the lead Newbury Park to a 75-71 win over Pasadena Poly. Jackson Pierce had 13 points and Charlie Muir added five points for the Panthers (9-4).
- Reese Widerburg scored 14 points, Jacob Terrill had 13 points, Dominik Contreras had 12 points and 12 rebounds and Bobby Barajas ended up in the lead with 10 points, seven assists and four steals Oxnard (10-3) to a 61-50 win over Chaminade in the Cal Lutheran shootout.
- Thomas Anter scored 15 points, Nolan Davis had 14 points, Travis Valenzuela had eight points and Caleb Gorin added seven points to take the lead Ventura (2-13) to a 51-50 win over Schalhevet in the Cal Lutheran shootout.
- Jack Munro finished with 18 points and eight rebounds, Patrick Saari scored 10 points, Cade Huggins had seven points and 10 rebounds, Jacob Kjarval had seven points and Cole Caudill added six points to the lead A thousand oaks to a 58-44 win over Santa Monica in the Cal Lutheran shootout.
- Marcus Lesser scored 21 points and Kayden Elsokary had nine points and two steals in the lead Western lake (9-2) to a 56-53 win over Hills of granada in the Cal Lutheran shootout.
- Logan Mann scored 20 points, Gavin Guenther had 14 points, Zane Miller had 13 points and Aidan Bell added 10 points to take the lead Agour (3-8) to a 61-56 win over Crespi in the Cal Lutheran shootout.
- In it Cole scored 24 points, Zane Carter had 11 points and 12 rebounds, and Colin Guenther had 10 points for Good (4-8) in his 63-54 loss canyon in the Cal Lutheran shootout.
- Jesus Vasquez scored 14 points in the game and Adrian Naro and Jaime Uribe each had points for Hueneme in his 64-57 loss Rancho Mirage in the Cal Lutheran shootout.
- St. Bonaventure lost to Long Beach Millikan 56-54 in the Cal Lutheran Shootout.
More:The best Friday prep performers from basketball and soccer
More:The top Thursday prep performers from basketball, soccer, water polo and wrestling
More:The best Wednesday prep performers from basketball, soccer and water polo
- Brooklyn Shamblin finished with 21 points and seven rebounds, Faith O Daniel scored 12 points and Lola Donez had seven points, five rebounds and three steals as Oak Christian (7-1) suffered his first loss of the season – a 51-49 loss after overtime to Victory Christian Center School – at the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix.
- London Gamble scored 15 points, Mariah Elohim had 12 points, Taylor Swanson had seven points and Alyssa Jackson added five points to take the lead Western lake to a 48-24 win Desert Mountain (Ariz.) at the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix.
- Amaya Fuentes had 20 points and four rebounds, Tiernan Phillips finished with 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists, and Alexis Howery had seven points, three rebounds and two steals for Ventura in his 56-50 loss Chaminade.
- Alanna Allen-Young finished with 31 points and 12 rebounds, Kimiko Carmer had 11 points, four rebounds, two assists and two blocks, and Olivia Antu was seven points and three steals ahead Newbury Park to a 53-39 win Simi valley.
- Amia Wit had 23 points, 10 rebounds, two steals and two assists, Maddy Tauro finished the race with 19 points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals, and Khailand Anderson-Strawder led the way Calabasas (12-2) to a 72-47 win over Louisville.
More:Tuesday’s best prep performers from soccer, basketball, wrestling, and water polo
More:The best prep performers on Monday from basketball, soccer and water polo
- Moor park defeated Oak Christian 7-6 in a penalty shootout after the rules stipulated that the teams drew 0-0 to win the Buena Holiday Tournament championship game. Defeated Moorpark Pacifica 2-1 and Two cities 3-0 to reach the final. Oaks defeated Christian Cleveland 5-2 and Fillmore 3-1 to advance to the final. Good defeated Fillmore 4-0, shared Cleveland 0-0 and lost to Saugus 4-3 in a penalty shoot-out after 2-2 at the end of the regulations to take fourth place. Saugus defeated Pacifica 1-0 in a previous game.
- Goalkeepers Natalia Diaz and Jazmien Godinez combined for the shutouts as Oxnard (6-2-2) played in a 0-0 draw Canyon Anaheim and Well Valley at the Best in the West tournament.
- Moor park defeated Golden valley 3-2 before hitting Independence 5-0 in the championship game to win the Royal High Showcase. In the first game, Jerry Ramos scored two goals, Rafa Lucio had one and Justin Conyers had an assist. In the title game, Oscar Vargas scored two goals, Justin Santiago, Jayden Mendez and Ramos scored goals, Hector Perez had two assists and Javier Zavala and Conyers had assists as the Musketeers improved to 8-0. Moorpark scored 14 goals and only allowed two out of three games in the two-day tournament.
- Aidan Kelly scored on assist from Sawyer Brooks and Moises Orozco played well for Ventura in his 2-1 defeat against Glendale.
- Anthony Solis and Anthony Garcia from Flow table Everyone went 10-0 for the second straight week to win titles in the Channel Islands Rotational. Solis was named the Outstanding Upper Weight Wrestler for the second match in a row. Jacob Flores took first place and Eric Lopez finished second in their respective weight classes for Pacifica.
- Alan Smith was second with £ 120, Robert Svitek was fifth with £ 195 and James Rocha was sixth with £ 160 for A thousand oaks in the 32-person Ed Spring Classic on Brea Olinda High.
- Yorsley Hernandez and Destiny Rodriguez each won their divisions, Lupe Salas finished second, Perla Gutierrez and Sakala Aleeach finished third, Mia Estrada finished fourth, Liz Vargas finished fifth, and Jasmin Esquivias finished sixth for Pacifica at the Dick Morris tournament at Eastside High.
GIRLS WATER POLO
- Camarillo won another tournament title and took first place in the Corona tournament.
© 2021 www.vcstar.com. All rights reserved.