Los Angeles Chargers vs. New England Patriots NFL Week 8 Odds, Plays and Insights for October 31, 2021
For even more great bets and fantasy insights, subscribe to the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Chargers vs. Patriots
Over / Under Insights
- Los Angeles and its opponents have only scored at least 49 points twice this year.
- The New England Games have exceeded 49 points on two occasions this season.
- The combined point average of the two teams per game of 50.3 is 1.3 points more than the over / under on Sunday.
- The combined 45 points per game these two teams have allowed this season is 4.0 less than the 49 over / under in this competition.
- The average total number of Chargers games this season is 50.8, 1.8 points above the over / under of 49 on Sunday.
- The average total of 44.5 PPG in Patriots games this season is 4.5 points less than this game over / under.
Charger statistics and trends
- It has four wins against the Spread in Los Angeles’ six games this season.
- This year’s Los Angeles Games dwarfed the over / under once of six opportunities (16.7%).
- The Chargers collect 4.7 more points per game (24.7) than the Patriots (20.0) give up.
- Los Angeles is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 this season overall if the team scores more than 20.0 points.
- The Chargers collect 377.5 yards per game, 26.9 yards more than the 350.6 yards the Patriots give up per matchup.
- If Los Angeles hits more than 350.6 yards, the team stands 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Chargers have six giveaways this season while the Patriots have 11 takeaways.
- Click SISportsbook to find the latest spread, moneyline and grand total for the Los Angeles vs Patriots matchup.
Patriots statistics and trends
- New England are 3-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Patriots covered the spread by 5 points or more in their only game as underdogs.
- This year’s New England games beat the over / under in 42.9% of their chances (three times in seven games with a fixed total).
- The Patriots averaged 25.6 points per game, comparable to the Chargers’ 25.0 points.
- New England stands 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall if the team scores more than 25.0 points.
- The Patriots averaged 355.0 yards per game, just 9.3 less than the 364.3 yards the Chargers allow.
- If New England stacks more than 364.3 yards, the team is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Patriots have flipped the ball eleven times this season, two more losses than the Chargers forced (9).
House and street views
- At home, Los Angeles has two wins against the spread this year for a total of 2: 1.
- Los Angeles hit the over once in three home games this year.
- The average total number of points in the Chargers’ home games this season is 51.3 points, 2.3 more than in this competition (49).
- The Patriots have an ATS win (1-1) away as a 5-point underdog or more.
- Patriots away games this season averaged 41.0 total points, 8.0 fewer than this matchup over / under (49).
Powered by Data Skrive.