Los Angeles County is bringing back its annual Parks After Dark winter wonderland experience, bringing snow fun to a total of 33 parks in the area for December.
LA County Parks and Recreation’s series of events turns parks into winter paradises, brings 40 tons of snow to parks in SoCal, and lets kids play.
Children attending the event can enjoy sleigh rides, snow playgrounds, holiday crafts, hot cocoa stations, and food and toy gifts. And you’d better be careful – Santa Claus himself will stop too.
The event is free for all visitors.
Children ages 0-17 are also given a Christmas stocking while supplies last, full of toys from Mattel, Inc. The stockings can include Barbie, Hot Wheels, UNO, and MEGA toys, so come for them early To receive your gift.
“Today, LA County’s families need parking to heal from the trauma caused by COVID-19,” said Norma Edith García-González, executive director of LA County Parks, in a statement.
“This free event removes barriers to recreational opportunities and introduces families to enriching experiences that promote mental and physical health by meeting as communities and families in parks.”
First launched over 10 years ago in 2010, Parks After Dark aims to bring communities together by filling park areas with family-oriented activities, the Parks and Recreation Department said in a statement.
This year’s series of events began on Friday, December 3rd, in the Bethune, Pamela and Sorenson parks.
Find out more by visiting this website. Check out the list below to see where else you and your kids can make memories in a winter wonderland this December:
Adventure Park – 10130 S. Gunn Ave., Whittier, 12-4pm
Eugene A. Obregon Park – 4021 E. First St., Los Angeles, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
San Angelo Park – 245 S. San Angelo Ave., La Puente, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Ted Watkins Memorial Park – 1335 E. 103rd St., Los Angeles, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Val Verde Community Regional Park – 30300 W. Arlington Rd., Val Verde, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Jackie Robinson Park – 8773 E. Avenue R, Littlerock, 4-8pm
Rimgrove Park – 747 N. Rimgrove Dr., La Puente, 4-8pm
Franklin D. Roosevelt Park – 7600 Graham Ave., Los Angeles, 4-8pm
- Allen J. Martin Park – 14830 E. Giordano St., La Puente, 4-8pm
- Amelia Mayberry Park – 13201 E. Meyer Rd., Whittier, 4-8pm
- Valleydale Park – 5525 N. Lark Ellen Ave., Azusa, 4-8pm
- Amigo Park – 5700 S. Juarez Ave., Whittier, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Bassett Park – 510 N. Vineland Ave., La Puente, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- City Terrace Park – 1126 N. Hazard Ave., East Los Angeles, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- El Cariso Community Regional Park – 13100 Hubbard St., Sylmar, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Helen Keller Park – 12521 S. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Athens Park – 12603 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, 4-8pm
- Alta Park Vacation – 3330 N. Lincoln Ave., Altadena, 4-8pm
- Saybrook Park – 6250 E. Northside Dr., East Los Angeles, 4-8pm
- George Washington Carver Park – 1400 E. 118th St., Los Angeles, 4-8pm
- Jesse Owens Community Regional Park – 9651 S. Western Ave., Los Angeles, 4-8pm
- William Steinmetz Park – 1545 S, Stimson Ave., Hacienda Heights, 4-8pm
- Belvedere Community Regional Park – 4914 E. Cesar Chavez Ave., Los Angeles, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Col. Leon H. Washington Park – 8908 S. Maie Ave., Los Angeles, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mona Park – 2291 E. 121st St., Compton, 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Ruben F. Salazar Park – 3864 Whittier Blvd., Los Angeles, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Stephen Sorenson Park- 16801 E. Avenue P, Lake Los Angeles, 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Charter Oak Park – 20261 E. Covina Blvd., Covina, 4-8pm
- East Rancho Dominguez Park – 15116 S. Atlantic Ave., Compton, 4-8pm
- George Lane Park – 5520 W. Ave L-8, Quartz Hill, 4-8pm