Michael W. Folonis Architects is a highly recognized, award-winning architecture firm based in Santa Monica. Project typologies include high-rise buildings, mixed-use, commercial apartment buildings, affordable housing in the healthcare sector and selected single-family projects. We are looking for a talented personality for our company. This position is to be filled full-time and to be filled immediately.
Applicants must have strong design and graphic skills as well as excellent communication and writing skills. The position includes working with the Design Director, the Managing Director and integrating into a collaborative office culture. The applicant must have experience in fully managing a project from the SD phase to the CA phase and demonstrate the knowledge and experience to coordinate the work of consultants on projects for which they are responsible.
The position encompasses all aspects of architectural design, from the schematic design to the building documents to the architecture business.
Skills / requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture
- 6 to 8 years of full-time work experience
- Knowledge of local codes, CBC and ADA codes
- Experience with type I, III, V in multi-family projects
- Demonstrate the knowledge and experience to coordinate the work of consultants
- Development of architectural planning and design concepts under the direction of the lead project architect
- Responsible for monitoring employees in project presentation materials, diagrams, renderings SD, DD, CD phases.
- Knowledge of BIM, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office. ArchiCAD preferred but not required
- Must be licensed or track a license
- Must be exceptional as an employee, critical and dynamic as a problem solver, and a good presenter
We provide employees with a creative work environment and a competitive package of benefits including 401K, healthcare, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and a travel expense reimbursement program.
The salary corresponds to the experience and qualification.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, relevant work samples and portfolio (max. 5 MB) via the Archinect online application center.
We only accept applicants who live in the Los Angeles area and have legal permission to work in the United States (no H1-B visa sponsorship offered).
Take a look at your application history
Back to the job list …