2022 Santa Monica Homeless Count, February 23, 2022, 11pm – 3am, Beach Lot 4 South, 2030 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90405
By Dolores Quintana
The City of Santa Monica is still seeking volunteers to help in the 2022 Homeless Count tonight.
To sign up and for more information, visit: https://www.santamonica.gov/santa-monica-homeless-count.
The City is asking for groups of volunteers to help prevent the spread of Omicron. “Out of an abundance of caution, we are requiring volunteers to register as pre-formed teams of 3-4 individuals who are already part of a “pandemic bubble” or that you would otherwise feel comfortable riding in one car. On the night of the count, your full team must arrive together in one car, as deployment will be handled on a drive-through basis only. Individual volunteers will not be assigned to a team to count.”
The website notes that anyone who previously signed up as an individual volunteer should sign up again with a group.
The deadline to ask for a medical exemption to the vaccine requirement has passed, so any groups of volunteers would each be required to submit proof of vaccination. These are the accepted forms of proof. “Volunteers will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19, along with a photo ID, as well as complete a Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (included with the waiver) upon entry to the deployment site. The following modes may be used as proof of vaccination:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered); OR
- a photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; OR
- a photo of the Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device, OR
- documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider; OR
- digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
These are the additional requirements. “No skills or experience are required, but volunteers must be at least 18 years old, or 16-17 and accompanied by a parent/guardian on a 1:1 ratio at all times. Volunteers ages 16-17 must be registered as part of a team of 3-4 people by an adult who is 18 or older. All volunteers are required to sign a general liabi