SANTA MONICA, CA – The Los Angeles Department of Health has issued a seawater use warning for several beaches, including the Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica.
Health officials are warning residents who plan to visit the following Los Angeles County beaches not to swim, surf, and gamble in the ocean:
- Mother’s Beach in Marina Del Rey
- Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
- Malibu Lagoon at Surfrider Beach
- Solstice Creek on the beach in Dan Blocker County
- Inside Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
- Topanga Canyon Beach in Malibu
The warnings were issued due to bacterial levels exceeding health standards when last tested.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available through the county’s Beach Closure Hotline: 1-800-525-5662. For a map of affected locations and more information, go to: PublicHealth.LACounty.gov/Beach/.