SANTA MONICA, CA – Santa Monica State Beach near Santa Monica Pier is one of several beaches that are under bacterial warnings, the Los Angeles County Health Department said Tuesday evening.
At the following beaches, it is highly recommended that you exercise caution before playing or swimming in the sea:
- Malibu Lagoon on Surfrider Beach
- Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
- Ballona Creek at Dockweiler State Beach (near Dockweiler Tower 40)
- Mother Beach in Marina Del Rey
- Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
“The warning was issued because of bacterial levels that exceeded health standards in the last test,” said public health officials.
You can check the beach’s water quality 24/7 using the county’s recorded beach closure hotline: 1-800-525-5662. Information is also available on the website.