When it comes to rooftop pools, Los Angeles is the place to be – and these pools set the scene for summertime fun.
The creative center of America, Los Angeles, is a culturally diverse city primarily made famous by its entertainment and film industry, Hollywood. For over a century, this place has drawn aspiring celebrities from all over the United States. Millions of visitors come to LA every year to witness the outstanding museums, thriving culinary scene, fun family attractions, and incredible shopping.
Moreover, Los Angeles is home to the world-famous Universal Studios Hollywood, Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory, Disneyland Resort, Peterson Automotive Museum, and many more attractions. Additionally, anyone visiting LA must ensure to spend several days at a luxury hotel in the city with an outstanding rooftop pool. Chilling with a drink and sweeping views of the city or spending the day swimming is worth it in Los Angeles.
These Rooftop Pools Offer The Best Views Of Los Angeles
People looking for breathtaking sweeping skyline views in Los Angeles should head to the rooftop pool of Mondrian Los Angeles. This swimming spot is located on the 14th floor of the hotel in West Hollywood and is part of SkyBar. The latter is a true hotspot for Los Angeles’ bar and nightlife scene. It is also a rooftop oasis where people can relax and chill during the daytime and party hard during late afternoons and at night. Moreover, Mondrian Los Angeles’ rooftop pool is one of the most visited spots in the city, thanks to its Hollywood glamour, fancy cocktails, and live DJs.
- What to know: People who didn’t book a room at Mondrian Los Angeles but want to enjoy swimming in the rooftop pool should do so after 1:00 pm. Before that time, the entrance to the pool is restricted to the hotel’s guests.
- Address: 8440 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069.
For a luxurious and glamorous escape in Los Angeles, SLS Hotel Beverly Hills is another place that houses an outstanding rooftop pool in the city. This pool offers spectacular views of LA and features an attentive poolside service.
- Recommended: People visiting the rooftop pool at this hotel during the night can expect the area to turn into a vibrant lounge. This is when Vista Rooftop welcomes the public.
- What to know: The sun loungers and entrance to the pool are free of charge for SLS Hotel Beverly Hills’ guests. Outside visitors can opt for a caban reservation instead.
- Address: 465 S. La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
This Hotel Offers Top Class Rooftop Experiences In Los Angeles
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills represents luxury and classiness in Los Angeles. This is a true example of what a California great life looks like. The 13th floor of Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills boasts an iconic rooftop pool lounge deck and a massive and garden-like bar and restaurant. However, access to this floor is available exclusively for the hotel’s guests.
- What to see: The rooftop pool of Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills offers the most beautiful views over Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and the city skyline. People enjoy the premium poolside service and magical Californian sun in this unique spot of Los Angeles.
- Recommended: The Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills guests can enjoy a special VIP cabana near the rooftop pool or a white and comfy sun lounger.
- Address: 69850 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA 90210.
One of LA’s most elevated rooftop pools is located at Andaz West Hollywood. This swimming spot is also surrounded by a mesmerizing view of the Hollywood Hills and Sunset Strip. Moreover, the heated rooftop pool at this hotel is open all year round, which provides the guests with the opportunity to witness the marvelous sky-high Hollywood luxury anytime they want.
- What to do: Visitors to the rooftop pool at Andaz West Hollywood enjoy a refreshing swim in the waters and some of the most special frozen cocktails, rosé, bubbles, and other drinks the rooftop bar serves. Moreover, people can pick some delicious bites from the Riot House Restaurant.
- Availability: The rooftop pool at Andaz West Hollywood is available only to hotel guests.
- Address: 8401 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
This Amazing Rooftop Pool Offers The Best Ocean Views In Los Angeles
Only a few blocks from the Pacific Ocean, people can visit the iconic Santa Monica Proper Hotel in Los Angeles. This is where they can enjoy a nice swim at the rooftop pool close to the beach but without any sands involved. The swimming spot at this LA hotel offers marvelous views of the ocean and the city. With its lush, bright, and natural setting, the impressive rooftop pool of the Santa Monica Proper Hotel is the perfect spot for people to soak up the Californian sun.
- Recommended: Visitors to the rooftop pool at Santa Monica Proper Hotel are advised to try the delicious mix of fresh Californian and Mediterranean cuisine from Calabra, the rooftop bar and restaurant of the hotel. Trying specialty cocktails is also a must.
- Address: 700 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
- Availability: The rooftop pool is open only to hotel guests, while the rooftop bar and restaurant welcome everyone.
Los Angeles is home to luxurious and fancy hotels that feature the most attractive and glamorous rooftop pools. Other iconic hotels featuring such exclusive and world-class amenities include Dream Hollywood, The NoMad Los Angeles, Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, and The West Hollywood EDITION. People also enjoy visiting the rooftop pools in LA at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, Thompson Hollywood, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, The London West Hollywood, and many more.
Next: What You Need To Know About The Abandoned Speakeasy Tunnels Of Los Angeles
Visit ‘Diver’s Paradise Of Guadalupe’ In Mexico’s California Baja
About The Author
(223 Articles Published)
Gabi is a travel writer passionate about nature, geographical wonders, various cuisines, writing, and living life to the fullest. Through his work, Gabi will transport you into a world of marvelous attractions where you will learn about the various landmarks and places of interest that distinguish any country around the planet. You will enjoy reading his ultimate guides to undiscovered destinations and his articles about various travel experiences. Gabi also works as a consultant and writer for several travel agencies and business organizations. He loves traveling, reading, partying, and making friends. Reach out to Gabi on [email protected]
More From Gabriel Kirellos