SANTA MONICA, CA – A seawater use warning is pending for several Los Angeles beaches, including two in Santa Monica, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health said Thursday evening.
“The warning was issued because of bacterial levels that exceeded health standards in the last test,” public health officials said.
Swimmers and surfers have been warned against visiting the following beaches:
- Mother Beach in Marina Del Rey
- Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
- Wilshire Boulevard. Storm drain on Santa Monica Beach. Santa Monica North Tower 12
- Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
- Pulga Storm Drain on Will Rogers State Beach. Will Rogers Tower 5
Recorded information about beach conditions is available 24/7 through the county beach closure hotline: 1-800-525-5662. Information is also available at PublicHealth.LACounty.gov/Beach/.