Welcome back Los Angeles and Happy National Bootlegger’s Day! Let’s start this Monday with everything you need to know in Los Angeles today.
ONE The talk radio legend has died. Likewise, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ LA home has been sold. Finally there was one train derailment.
First today’s weather:
A shower or two; not so warm. High: 65 Low: 55.
Here are today’s top stories in Los Angeles:
- talk radio has lost a legend. Michael Jackson died on Saturday in LA at the age of 87. He was a fixture KABC radio and later branches to KRLA, KLAC and KGIL. His ability to turn a sentence around earned him “a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, four Golden Mike Awards and an induction into the Radio Hall of Fame.” (CBS)
- Now it belongs to someone else The house of Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs. We learned that on Saturday The 9,655 square foot home sold for $6.513 million. Combs listed the home for $7 million in October. (American luxury)
- There was one train derailment on Saturday. ONE The Union Pacific train jumped off the tracks in Lincoln Heights, in an area where cargo pirates had disposed of rubbish and empty boxes. 17 wagons also went off the tracks. traffic around the Intersection of San Pablo Street and Valley Boulevard was blocked. (patch)
- There was one on Friday Truck fire downtown. The LAFD responded to the 1140 block of South Central Avenue, where they found one Van caught fire. It took 26 firefighters 34 minutes to extinguish the fire, which had spread to an attic of a nearby commercial building. (Flickr)
- the The LAPD increased patrols around local synagogues on Saturday. Although there were no reports of threats, the PD took this action.out of caution.” There was one Hostage situation in a Texas synagogue, and at the time it was unclear if it could become a threat to LA public safety (NBC).
From our sponsor:
Today’s Los Angeles Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
- ONE Koreatown South Neighbor is looking for recommendations for a nail salon and hairdresser in the Koreatown area. (Next door)
- Our SW Jefferson Park Neighbor gives away avocados! Stop by 3640 2nd Avenue. (Next door)
- A corporate park Neighbor is looking for recommendations for middle schools in the area. (Next door)
- ONE SoRo East Neighbor is looking for someone who has two kittens available for adoption from the same litter. (Next door)
- A East / mutton Neighbor saw two lost dogs in City Terrace Park… does anyone recognize them? (Next door)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- El Camp Online Auction (January 18)
- Understanding the Probate Process (Webinar with Live Chat Q&A) (January 19)
- Estate Planning for Your Loved Ones – Live Chat Q&A Webinar (January 19)
- Divorce & the House: Real Estate & Mortgage – Vesta, Pasadena, CA Hub (January 21)
- Benefits of a Medi-Cal Trust Webinar (with live chat Q&A) (January 22)
- Topanga Vintage Market at Pierce College (January 23)
- Torrance Antique Street Faire (January 23)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar (January 24)
- Run/Walk 5K/10K to Benefit WeSPARK Cancer Support Center – Jan 30 (January 30)
- Add your event
- Gorgeous Santa Monica Apartments from $2995 PATCH DEAL (Details)
- Live in luxury! Santa Monica Apartments on 4th Street, $2,895 (details)
- Patch Lease Special!! NMS 1427 Santa Monica Apartments! (Details)
- Add your entry
Love the Los Angeles Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
All right, you’re all good for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Sylvia Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran is based in sunny Southern California and has been a full-time freelance writer since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Best Fiends (don’t judge), champions social justice, and tries to live Micah 6:8.